Thursday, March 5, 2009

The gift of solitude


I had the wonderful privilege of 3 days to myself in Phoenix. Nothing but quiet, warm sunshine, and time. It was so well worth it. I sat by the pool with Bible, books, journal and pen - no one else in sight. I have decisions to make, but chose this time to just focus on being and listening - no agenda and no pressure to make the decisions. If you're like me, it takes time to quiet yourself from all the hustle of life. Being still and knowing the I AM is not something that comes naturally - at least at first. I know it is a life long process of learning.

3 Comments:

At March 5, 2009 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Tarasview said...

oh what a lovely thought- three days of quiet!!! I have NO idea what that would be like :)

 
At March 6, 2009 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Glendyne Gerrard said...

you've got to try it sometime - it is SO well worth it! Start out with one day - it's doable!!

 
At March 7, 2009 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

So glad you were able to have this time, especially with your crazy normal schedule. Blessings dear friend. I look forward to some time like that once Karin has had her baby. Until then it is busy, busy, busy. God is good in the busy times and in the quiet stillness.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home